Sunday, November 1, 2015

Keys to the Kingdom

The other day I had the distinct pleasure of attending the Orange County Amateur Radio Club auction and it was no ends of fun. Aside from benefiting the club with some shelf detritus ("One man's trash is another man's treasure"), I was able to repopulate the empty space with some stuff that i could not possibly exist without.

Chief among them -- and truly a treasure -- was this J-38 Morse code key. It is identical to the one I used back in the days of yore when I was pounding brass under the call sign WV6KJK. It cleaned up real nice and is like new. Enjoy:






I have a couple of "kits" I have compiled that are the old Novice crystal controlled transmitter and regen receiver and I have it in mind to build up an authentic 60s Novice station as a kick. Hell, maybe even use it to work SKN a year or so from now.




-Seven Turds-

No comments:

Post a Comment