Sunday, November 17, 2013

Algo mejor..

After a monumental tussle of some 6-7 months  --  actually, work, CAP, intervening projects, and the like -- I finally finished the New England NEScaf[e] filter. I will be writing some of my thoughts and comments on the building and debugging process but any negative remarks I make  should not be construed as a deprecation of the fine folks over at NE QRP. Rather, this little project lingered on because of stupidity and inattention. Here are some interior pictures of the completed project with appropriate commentary.






 Bottom line is that this is a very decent and reasonably priced product (about $35 to get to your door) and NE QRP has offered this for around 10 years. This is not their day job and I must imagine you would blow someone off if they came back after almost a decade. To NE QRP's credit, they did not. While their web site and forum links may be decaying a tad, they nonetheless did respond and even shipped me a replacement SCAF chip free gratis.

Compared to the dreadful inattention I experienced at the hands of the Idiot Press folks, this was all sweetness and light. Would I  order and build another one? To quote Leon Spinks, "Abba-lutely!"

"Abba-lutely!"
Maybe I could get Leon to come out of retirement and punch the lights out of Idiom Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment