Tuesday, February 19, 2013

RX2 Wrap-up..

Here's some pics just as I am buttoning it up after calibrating the unit. Lou's checkout procedures seem very cryptic at first but, after you become familiar with the operation it makes perfect sense. I plan on going back in and re-doing the unit just because I am an inveterate tinkerer. And, let's face it. I need something to do until the RX1 arrives.

"Rex, the Wonderbridge" (the RX2) along with my FT-817  ~~ affectionately, "Tex".
(I actually used to own a Sangean receiver, by the way.)
Close up internal view.
Buttoned up, next to Tex, ready for business.
Close up of the cabinet and dial.
Rex and Tex, mates for life!
The dynamic duo about to elicit some dark secrets from Mr Coax.
The pair attracts the attention of Mr Palomar, who is contemplating retirement.
Left side of the bench and the Ten Tec I am trying to breathe life into.
..and we fade out with a view of the clubhouse, our hero shutting down operations for the day and contemplating the blissful prospect of a cool one and the pleasant company of Mrs K6WHP.
-72-

No comments:

Post a Comment