Monday, January 13, 2020

Get a grip..

In an attempt to scrape some rust off my CW fist, I am currently matriculating through the CW OPs CW Academy and it is a marvelous experience. Sure it's the beginner class and sure I can solid copy around 15 WPM but I am doing this for the discipline -- and getting myself into a routine of practicing my CW daily.

But more on that later. The purpose of this post is to bring CW operators attention to a discovery I made -- thanks to my wife. She found this stuff called Grip Liner Magic Cover which is billed as a non-adhesive and non-slip cupboard liner for dishes and glassware. It is by Kittrich Corp in Pomona, California and can be found in many homewares stores, super markets, and it and variants are available on Amazon. (You do your own search.)

A small square of this stuff anchors my paddles to the desktop and essentially squelches any side-to-side slipping. So far, the squares I have been using for my Bencher (below) and Kent (out on the shack) are well over six months old. So, a roll of this stuff should last a lifetime -- and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment